Then we watched two videos: a claymation remake of the book, and a kindergarten or first grade play of the book. Afterwards, we started our House for Hermit Crab art project. I am soooo happy with how they turned out! Aren't the colors just beautiful! The children enjoyed it tremendously! It was a LOT of work and many steps:
- Paint the handprints.
- Make the "shell" by making a small cut in the white paper plate.
- Draw the spiral on the "shell".
- Glue the shell to the white paper. Let dry.
- Cut out the starfish, sea anemone, coral, fish, and sea urchin.
- Paint the sandy ocean bottom and the ocean water.
- Glue on the paper pieces.
It took us almost all day to make, but they are truly works of art!