Our Planet Earth
This is a link to a video on YouTube entitled Blue Beauty Slideshow. Our students have been learning about the sun, the moon, and the earth.
- The sun is a star.
- The sun is the center of our solar system.
- All of our planets revolve around the sun.
- Earth is a planet that is 1/4 land and 3/4 water. It has living things on it.
- Earth has one moon. The moon orbits earth.
- The moon has phases: New moon, crescent, gibbous, full. The actual phases are as follows: New moon, waxing crescent, waxing gibbous, full moon, waning gibbous, waning crescent, new moon.
- We can see the sun only during the day.
- We can see the moon at night and sometimes during the day (very faintly).
- We can see rainbows during the day.
- Objects seem much smaller from far away.
- Gravity is what makes all things on earth that go up come back down.
Please discuss these points with your child. We will have our science test on Monday!
|Phases of the moon made with cookies|