Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanks, Mrs. Stanley!

Thursday when you set your Thanksgiving table,  your child has a perfect decoration for your table: a Thankful Turkey.  Mrs. Stanley came to school yesterday and made the Thankful Turkeys with the children - from start to finish.  We had done a bit of brainstorming before she arrived on things the children were thankful for, but then they narrowed down their lists for the turkey's feathers. 

I hope the turkeys may be a good lead-in to a discussion about thankfulness at your tables this holiday.  I personally am very thankful for the children in my class, the unjaded, fresh eyes through which they see the world and help me to see mine; I am thankful for the help and support I've received from 'my' parents this year; I am thankful for the great school I work at and the family we have here; and I am so very thankful for my family.  Without family, we have nothing.  That goes for a "Class Family", as well. 

Happy Thanksgiving, my Class Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!